1. Clean skin area thoroughly with an alcohol prep or swab. Be certain to dry the area completely.
2. Carefully mark the cleaned skin area. Allow skin markings to dry.
3. Prep normally the marked site. Markings will remain permanent,
1. The ink is gentian violet. It is surgical ink that is the only ink approved for use on human skin during invasive procedures.
2. It can be removed with alcohol and a gentle scrub. It becomes a more permanent mark once it is allowed to dry.
3. The pen is sterile and aseptic. The tip cannot be autoclaved because it will melt, but the steel pen can be sterilized by an autoclave.
4. The pen tip should be discarded or given to the client after use..